Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Supporting Arts Education

Hey folks,
I received the following email from a student at our local high school and, with her permission, I'm posting it in hopes there are some other artists out there who might be willing to pitch in.
I think its a great senior project, and while its an absolute shame that the school has lost its arts funding, its wonderful that this kid understands how important they are.
Please contact Kaylee directly if you would like to donate.

"Hi I am Kaylee Sedler a Senior at Bret Harte High School, each senior is given a senior project that benefits the community. My senior project is an art show where we will be selling art as well as doing a silent auction. This art show will benefit the Art Department, for the art department no longer has funding.The art classes keep on getting bigger and bigger, and our art supplies are barely holding up. I am emailing you asking if you could or would like to donate artwork to sell to raise money for the art department. We would be deeply honored!! Please let me know if you would like to donate art, the art show is October 14th-16th. I am creating a form to email to artist who would love to donate artwork. 


thank you and love 

Kaylee Sedler : )"

No comments:

Post a Comment