Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Bird Feeder


I made a couple of these simple bird feeders for Christmas gifts.
Just a doughnut really, with a hole at the top for the hanger and one in the bottom for draining.

I left the inner ring area bare both so I could fire them flat (and probably stacked - I put this one around the center kiln post) and also so the birds have something to hold onto.
Its about 10" across and maybe 4" wide.

I did hang this one and fill it to see if the birds would actually use it and they sure did!

Its locally produced clay from Quyle Kilns, with a gold crystally glaze. Fired cone 10 reduction.

1 comment:

Larry Kruzan said...

Great idea for a form lots of us make. All sizes all colors. A+A+A+A+ go to the head of the class!!!!

Larry Kruzan
Lost Creek Pottery

Post a Comment